Why am I writing about this?
Well, funny you should ask. I walked into a 6th grade art class and started cracking up. One of my kiddos had an empty chair next to her. It had a piece of paper propped on it, and I was heading straight for that chair to chat with the kids at her table.
"Mrs. Lueders, wait you can't sit here!"
umm okay...this kid loves me. Something is up. After closer inspection, I notice the piece of paper is actually her "fiance." Her word, not mine. It was the current middle school celebrity heart throb, Justin Bieber. His name is annoyingly synonymous with "Baby, baby, baby."
Oh how I love my job in situations like this!
I couldn't sit down because Justin was too busy oogling his girlfriend, oops I mean fiance, paint a picture of a meadow full of pink and purple flowers. Romance is definitely blooming:)
I got to thinking, "Who was I obsessed with in middle school?"
And then....I immediately turned red.
It's so embarrassing.
But here folks is the person who adorned my bedroom walls courtesy of BOP magazine (and every other teenage heart throb magazine I could beg my parents to buy for me.)...

Who is this stud puppy?
Clue number one!

Junior Floyd was the best looking quarterback ever. Oh how I wanted to be Becky "the Icebox" O'Shea.
Clue number two!
"Can I keep you?"
As in the movie "Casper." Why did he only appear for approximately 45 seconds at the very end of a near 2 hour movie? Pure disappointment for my raging adolescent hormones.
This would be Devon Sawa. I have seen the following movies a gazillion times for the pure joy of watching him bop along with his surfer bowl hair cut.
"Now and Then"
"Casper" -couldn't he have had a bigger part?
"Little Giants"
"Wild America" -an added bonus at slumber parties because JTT made an appearance as well!
As I sigh now, I can clearly ask, "What was wrong with me?"
And I can also stop asking, "What does he look like now?"
This adds to the embarrassment.
Ohh this is painful.
Who was your middle school crush?
Thanks, Penny! My wife said JTT is still beautiful...great!
ReplyDeleteLOL with all the movies/magazines he was in I liked him too. I even remember the movie we saw in class that he was in. I was glued to the tv not to learn or get entertainment, but just watching him LOL I was just as bad if not worse than you my dear. Proud to say I have grown past those days.
ReplyDelete