We had a great 4th of July. A huge thank you for all the brave soldiers (past and present) who serve our country. (Here would be a great opportunity to insert Philly pictures-you know our nation's birthplace, but yah I still haven't gotten to those yet.)
We were dog, I mean puppy sitting for my mom the past week. Her Westie, Molly, is a cutie patootie. She's six months old and quite the little "pisser." And I don't mean that she always does her business outside if you get my drift. Oh how nice it is to have Molly back in Weimar with her mom and dad. I am also loving my clean floors.
She's so sweet. It's just those ears. Come on facial hair, keep growing!



"Oh I'll chew on this and then swallow it." You should see this puppy's poop, it's about twenty different colors because of all the toy parts she swallows. I could charge for the poop show. I have no idea why I'm talking about this. It is pretty interesting if you can stomach it. (hahaha get it, stomach....poop.....)
We also celebrated Landon's first birthday. Landon's parents are our cousins through Randy's side. He's such a cutie. He had a shirt on that said "I'm Mr. Independent." HAHAHAHA I love it! What a great shirt for the 4th and a one-year old.
We also did other typical "Fourth" things. We grilled out! I made honey glazed chicken kabobs (to die for, recipe follows), grilled corn on the cob, steamed rice, and frozen lemonade pie.
Randy also went swimming in our new backyard pool. Randy is obsessed with the water. He has been wanting a big swimming pool for sometime now. We went ahead and got an estimate and said "what the heck? it's only money. you can't take it with you." So we splurged and risked taking away Mopac's backyard. We think it's worth it. Anytime you want to swim, come on over. Here's Randy testing out the waters over the 4th.

Hehe! Yah I had ya going didn't I? This is actually Molly's swimming pool. She loves to dance in it and then come up and jump on you. Nothing smells better than a wet dog! You can see how much Mopac likes the h20.

After we ate, and Randy changed out of his swim trunks, we watched a fireworks show with our good friends. When we got home, we watched all of our neighbors waste hundreds and hundreds of dollars on fireworks. Hey, it was nice for us. We got two free firework shows. The dogs on the other hand weren't donning their Uncle Sam hats for the show. They were under our bed shaking. Poor little buggers!
The link for the chicken kabob recipe!
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/yummy-honey-chicken-kabobs/Detail.aspx
Hope you had a great holiday weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment