Saturday Randy and I tackled some totes in the garage. Well he tackled them, I was busy making cupcakes and dip for the non-longhorn watching party. I also treated myself to these...

Because sometimes a girl just needs a pick-me-up!
A group of us got together to distract ourselves from how terrible the Longhorns are this year. The game was on, but I didn't really watch. I wore burnt orange because I'm not a bandwagon fan. Hook'em no matter what, but who couldn't stand to have some distractions when we're playing this year? Yikes, we are terrible. It's so hard to admit that because we haven't been terrible for so long. See that pride just doesn't go away;)
Today we just relaxed and watched football. I made a trip to the mall. Boy did I immediately regret that decision. It's a winter wonderland out there. People are nuts already. I think I need to start buying gifts online. It's a jungle out there.
Highlights of the day...
1) my soup!
Classic, homemade chicken noodle soup is just what you need on a cloudy, cold day. It was fantastic. And I practically followed the recipe to a "T."
This was my first time to make chicken noodle soup. And to tell you the truth I'm quite proud of myself.
I did do a minor recipe detour. And I think it was for the best. The recipe called for parsnips. I'm not going to lie. I omitted these because I have no idea what a parsnip is. I know it's in the produce section, but Randy isn't exactly a vegetable lover. He complained about the cooked carrots. How on earth was I going to get away with parsnips?

Look how proud I am. I took two pictures of our fabulous dinner.

Let me point out to you Randy's favorite part of dinner.
It's the cup. I know. Who would count that as your favorite? But he even ran over to his place mat right before I snapped the picture. He wanted to adjust his retro Astro cup so my blog readers could see it was an old school Jeff Bagwell souvenir cup.
FYI all blog visitors: The cup is a retro Astro cup featuring Jeff Bagwell.
It was the highlight of my dinner as well.
Speaking of more highlights...
Look at my sweet Mopac and her persistence in trying to get her daddy to play with her. His nightly push-up routine is always interrupted by Mopac and her eagerness for someone to throw her toy.


Last thought of the night...
The chorus from one of my new favorite church songs...
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandon.
In awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand my soul Lord to You I surrender.
All I am is Yours.
Have a great week!
Wow! I think you broke a picture-posting record! What's the update on the plastic cup situation?
ReplyDeleteRandy: Sweet cup. Very classic! And you do a pushup routine? Nice!
ReplyDeletePenny: Awesome song!
Thanks for sharing.
I absolutely love that song. Every time we sing it at church, it overwhelms me and I just love it. Love this post. :)
ReplyDelete