Monday, December 6, 2010

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

My pirate is feeling much better. Who's the pirate?

That would be Rands. He had a terrible freak accident at work. He was in San Marcos for a meeting, and as he was gathering up a big thick stack of sharp, crisp engineering plans, the person helping him pushed too hard and Randy pulled too hard and in some odd way, the papers sliced across his eyeball!!!

Wow, paper cuts suck...I can't imagine how that would feel across your eye!

Well he went to an ophthalmologist who was seeing patients with an emergency. (Insert my panic here).

She responded after putting in numbing drops, "How on earth did you do this!!!!??"

It was pretty bad. The paper sliced across his cornea in three places. We're talking a medicated lens on top of the cuts, antibiotic drops, pain drops, and eye patch. (Insert Rrrrrr here).

I felt so bad for him. Our house has been a bat cave the last couple of days, but we're making progress. Today his medicated lens came off, and we were working on returning to normal lighting. His vision is still blurry, but the doctor said everything will return back to normal after several days.

Funny story:
Side note: Randy doesn't drink. Repeat DOES NOT DRINK. He has no idea what alcohol even tastes like.

Ok back to the story.
One of his co-workers approached Randy on the morning before his eye doctor appointment.
Coworker: "Umm Randy, I never thought I'd have to ask you this, but do you need someone to drive you?"

Hahahaha. I think that's hilarious!
Say a prayer for my hubby!

2 comments:

  1. Omg! I just read this. I do hope Randy is feeling better! We're both praying for him!

    ReplyDelete