Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Well that's really cool

One of my favorite SNL skits is the Miley Cyrus show. Here is a little taste from you tube.



I love the "That's pretty cool."

We say this with the Miley voice around our house pretty regularly.

In fact I have a doctor who has the Miley voice. He gets really excited and has her voice. It's stinking hilarious. He's never said, "That's pretty cool." I'm pretty sure Randy and I will be rolling on the floor if he ever does.

So here's my list of things that are pretty cool! Don't forget to use the Miley voice.

1) Paul Mitchell's tea tree shampoo! Your scalp is tingling long after the blow dryer. Pricey, but "hey, it's pretty cool." Literally!

2) My mom and I ran into Mr. Mikeska. Don't know who he is?

Umm He's the barbeque king of the southwest!

And "hey, that's pretty cool!"

But the really cool part is he owns a catering company in Columbus, Texas. We saw him in Houston. And he was looking extra dapper in his black bow tie. He's 87 years old, and he was cruisin' around Sam's Club like a teenager. He catered my parents wedding 39 years ago. "That's pretty cool."

3) Gloria's Restaurant! My old teaching team went out to dinner tonight to catch up. We usually get together every other month and reminiscence. I miss them so much! Well, Joni is way adventurous, and I was a little nervous about her dinner pick. Last month it was my pick, and I went all out with a lovely choice... the Olive Garden.

Gloria's is in the domain, and they have Salvadorian food. Who wants yucca?

I got some steak dinner with tomato sauce. The black bean dip was amazing. I was adventurous and tried the fried plantains. No thanks, but my steak was so tender and yummy. "It was pretty cool." Definitely going back!

Guess what Joni ate? Yucca, plantains, and a banana leaf wrapped tamale.
She's so cool. "She's pretty cool."

4) My Kindle arrived for spring break reading. "That's pretty cool!"

Spring break post coming tomorrow. I've been so busy! I have tons to say! Stay tuned!

You blog readers are pretty cool!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Penny.
    How's yucca? Oh, yeah. It's yucca. Hehe, I enjoyed visiting with you all last night. Have a wonderful end of spring break and let me know if you come across any good free books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the kindle club! I filled mine with 800+ free books. Now I just need to make time to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't explored all the freebies yet. I hope I find that many;)

    ReplyDelete