Well friends, I am saying goodbye to my blog.
I know my faithful readers are all devastated (all five of you:) But it's time to throw in the towel.
I can't do something half heartedly. And this blog has gone down the toilet.
I used to enjoy blogging. I would wind down each night telling a funny story or how Randy woke me up in the middle of the night because he thought there was a snake in the bed. (Oh, that was a great post if I do say so myself). The only waking up in the middle of the night these days revolves around feeding sweet Cam (which has tapered off to practically never, but since I wrote this she'll probably wake up twice tonight).
I wind down these days by washing bottles and checking my email. Sometimes I'll go through my Facebook newsfeed. I rarely make it all the way through the new updates before I fall fast asleep.
I'm at a new junction in my life and this blog that I started on New Year's Day in 2010 has helped me chronicle the last 2.5 years. I blogged everything from recipes to crafts to incessant bragging about my sweet Mopac. I wrote funny teaching stories, grad school fire drills, and the ups and downs of trying to become parents. My favorite posts are all the pregnancy posts because I don't know if I'll ever get that experience again. I sure hope and pray that I do, but nonetheless it was fun documenting all the changes.
Some nights I lie down and mentally go through my list of things that didn't get accomplished that day that I had planned on doing. I'm soon learning as a new mom that this list will always be long. I just don't want to have blogging on it at this point in my life. I have loved all the changes in my life especially the little girl that has stolen my heart like no one else could ever do.
Speaking of change, I haven't been able to exactly keep up with all the changes.
I haven't blogged about my first Mother's Day, Randy's new job, or what I made for dinner the last couple of nights. The list goes on and on. And let me just tell you, what I'm cooking for dinner these days is nothing to write home about. I had ground meat thawed and on the way home I was thinking that hamburger steaks with balsamic glazed onions sounded delicious. Want to know what I made? After I browned my hamburger meat, I dumped some left over queso and a can of rotel along with a packet of taco seasoning and some rotini noodles together in a skillet and boiled it until the noodles were soft. That's called Hamburger Helper. (Insert shame here!) I can't even say "healthier" Hamburger Helper because the sodium factor didn't decrease because of the taco seasoning. It was edible but not up to my normal standards.
I love being a mom. My focus is Campbell, and there is nothing I would rather do than spend as much time as I can with my little girl. This includes me spending less time in the kitchen and by default serving my family sandwiches and hamburger helper!:) Blogging has become a chore, and I'm sadly saying goodbye. :( I might pick up a post if something dramatic happens or to post a cute picture of Campbell, but for now, I need a break.
It's been a great journey! I will miss blogging, but for now I'm excited to stop writing "blog" on my things to do list.
Thanks for keeping up with my sweet family, reading all my crazy posts, and leaving any comments!
See you on Facebook! (maybe) (sometimes) (oh you know, I won't be able to NOT post pictures of my beautiful little Campbell!)
:( yes my dear Penny you and your stories will be missed, but as a mother of 3 I SOOOO Totally get it.
ReplyDeleteAwwww. Sad to see your blog end but I know it won't be the end of stories of Campbell, Mopac, Randy and you!
ReplyDeleteYou gave it a good run doll! I will miss your funny stories, but I completely understand the time issue. Enjoy every moment. :)
ReplyDeleteaww, i was just talking to randy this past weekend about your blog! i will miss your fun blog posts!
ReplyDelete