I'm not lying.
The title of this post is literally all about the deuce.
(I think my cool level went way high right now because I have never ever been able to type the word "Deuce" in anything that I write.)
Well folks, we are entering that phase where we talk about pottying all the time.
All.
the.
time.
Look at my big girl on her potty!
To catch you all up, Campbell is 18 months now.
She's grown so much since my last blog post.
She's sassin' off, eating her vegetables (and fruit because that's what really fuels this post's topic) and telling us when she has to go poo poo.
Sigh...they grow so fast.
Isn't that kinda young to start potty training?
What's that you say?
Oh, I also should catch you up on that too.
She's a genius.
(Never mind, she uses the word poo poo for number 1 AND number 2. And sometimes tells you after the fact. It's all about baby steps.)
I honestly have no idea when she's ready.
Everyone keeps saying, "Oh, you'll know when she's ready."
Huh?
She says "poo poo" about ten times a day.
Doesn't that pretty much mean we need to head to the toilet?
Well being a first time parent, we took it to the next level.
We have a Disney princess toilet seat to set on a big girl potty. We own a royal princess throne toilet that sings when something hits the sensor (i'm not even kidding). She has big girl panties and tons of books about pottying.
We give her a M&M every time that little toilet sings.
That poor child.
Blame it on Pavlov and his salivating dog, but every time she sees a M and M in her near future, she'll probably wet her pants.
So I get it, she's young. We're not potty pros. We have only given out 6 m & m's, but hey it's something, right?
To be honest, I think she likes to go potty because it's fun to sit in the spare bedroom. We never allow her in this room because it's the "oh my gosh, I don't want to unpack these last few boxes so just shove it in here" room. And it's a disaster.
Why is her potty located here?
Because the spare bathroom is about to be completely remodeled and it's a bigger disaster. (Post on that soon)
What does she do when she sits in here?
She plays with the office supplies that I am dreading finding a home for now that we are sans desk.
Paper clips and toddlers?
Hey, it keeps her on that potty for about 2 additional minutes!
Most of the time she usually just sits and laughs at me.
She attempts to open pens and put paper clips in her hair like clips and bows.
How do you make a child go potty?
They'll tell you when they're ready.
(She did about ten seconds prior when she yelled "poo poo" across the house.)
Penny's Attempts in Getting Campbell to Potty
attempt 1: get her a book
Failure 1: she wants to touch the book
rule number 1 regarding bathroom behavior: don't touch anything. EVER! eww...germs!
attempt 2: sing her a poop song
Failure 2: she gets off her potty and starts dancing
rule number 2 regarding bathroom behavior: no dancing with your pants off
attempt 3: play noises related to pooping (I actually googled this. You know, like how the sound of a running faucet helps people pee. You Tube never disappoints.)
Failure 3: I almost started gagging with all the real life noises.
rule number 3 regarding bathroom behavior: let's not go there
grr...
NOTHING WORKS!
So I just let her play with paper clips (in supervision of course).
See? This sounds way better now than a poop song.
Sigh.
We have a looooooong way to go.
p.s. sorry this post is so gross.
p.p.s. having children changes everything.
p.p.p.s. I can write a whole post about pooping now.
No comments:
Post a Comment