Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mixed emotions!

Right now I could guess you say I'm kinda blah! I just survived one of the most hectic weeks of my life....hence no blog posts.


I had 4 job interviews in one week. Yes, 4! I've been praying for job interviews, and boy was God listening. I've been interviewing for school counseling positions. I feel so overwhelmed, hopeful, and discouraged all at the same time. I've been waiting two years for this opportunity. Why am I a complete emotional wreck? It's painful to wait when you want something so badly!

My Master's degree has been waiting ever so patiently to be put to use. The law says in order for me to be a guidance counselor, I must teach two years. Well in 19 school days, that requirement will be fulfilled. Yes, I'm still counting down.

I've enjoyed the journey; if I don't find a counseling job this journey will continue. So I haven't retired my red pens yet. My prayer hasn't changed (Lord lead me where you want me) although my eating levels, sleeping pattern, and mood has drastically changed. Interviewing is such an emotional roller coaster.

"Ooooh I should have said that. Wow, I loved that impressed look they had when I said that. Did I use my hands too much when I talked? Why didn't I elaborate more on that? Oh my goodness, can they see the sweat starting to form under my arms? Why am I sweating? I used two applications of deodorant. Is the stone faced interview common? Why don't people smile more?"

Oh my goodness, I've been driving myself insane! I've cried twice in one week! Once after an interview and the other time singing a Chris Tomlin song in my car. God's love is unfailing. I know it's His timing, but man do I want it to be mine:) Struggling with letting go is not an easy concept.

Hopefully I'll hear something this week. Hopefully it's the perfect fit for me. Hopefully, I will move forward bold and confidently. Hopefully, I'll start sleeping better at night. Hopefully, I'll get over my cold (9 days and counting). Hopefully, Randy will treat me to that Tiffany's bracelet I've been eyeing since I laid those dreaded grass squares when they built that first house.


Speaking of houses (because if I don't change the subject soon, I'll throw up all of my dinner) we have started on the second one! When I say "we" I do mean "me" as well! If you don't remember from facebook, here's last summer's project.















Randy and his friend Derryk (along with Derryk's dad) started a house building business. They built their first house, and it was a success. They closed on it last month which has started the next house. Total the boys have four lots. One is sold! The second will happen soon! In fact, we spent Saturday raking and leveling the ground so the foundation can be poured. The other two lots are waiting in the wing! What does all this have to do with me? Well, nothing yet because I've yet to see that bracelet. Leslie and I are the design wives behind the projects. We picked out everything!!!! We decided tonight on the brick color for the second house. It's exciting to play design stars. HGTV will be on more often now at home. I love getting to house dream with Leslie even if we won't live there. More pictures and progress to come, but I figured a bunch of dirt wouldn't be interesting. Stay tuned!


Oh and for those of you interested, Mopac did NOT tell me "Happy Mother's Day" today! Little turd! (this is for you Kara...) Since I'm not a mom of anything two legged (sigh.....) you'd think my four legged child would show a little bit of appreciation. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment