This summer has been busy! I just got back from Philly, and I leave today for Denver! I know, what a problem? I love vacationing. The only problem is I'm exhausting my opportunities early on in the game. July and August will bring sitting at home and starting work. But hey who can complain right now? I'm living it up!
Unfortunately this post won't have any Philadelphia photos. I'm still waiting to meet up with Jana to share our memory cards, but I needed to post about the trip before I forgot what all happened. So consider this my Philly Post Part 1 (well it's more like part 2- read "this needs to be separate" for my airport adventure).
I loved Philadelphia! It was very charming in my opinion. Granted, it's another big city, but it has such a British feel to it. The buildings and city layout reminded me so much of London. I guess it makes sense because the colonists only had Great Britain to model their new colonies after. Heck, they don't even like to give you a lot of ice in your drinks either. "Can I have a diet coke with lots of ice?" 3 cubes is not my definition of a lot of ice. I should have asked, "Are you from London?"
Memorable Events
-Pat's and Geno's Cheesesteak debate (We bought one from each and split them. We both picked Geno's!)
-Tossing pennies and making wishes on Ben Franklin's grave
-Signing the Constitution in the Constitution Center (don't gasp, it was a copy;)
-Seeing the first hospital, the first post office, the room where the delegates first declared independence from Britain (it really should be called the city of firsts)
-Wearing hairnets and aprons while we constructed and watched our very own chocolate bars being made at Hershey
-Running up the "Rocky" stairs and doing our victory dance at the top
-Eating an Amish prepared lunch
-Seeing a 70lb ovarian cyst at the Mutter Museum (it was disgustingly cool!)
-Marveling at the city's 2000 painted murals
-Seeing the neighborhood in West Philadelphia where Will Smith lived (and in which Jana and I busted out the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" theme song on our tour bus)
Jana and I had a great time! When we weren't laughing, we were walking. I bet we walked 10 miles on Wednesday. We saw the whole downtown area, and then repeated it 2 more times. We got lost; then we would backtrack; next we would rewalk a street. When we made it back to the hotel after an entire day of walking, Jana told me that her feet had a heartbeat (because of the throbbing).
Where to next? Well immediately it's Denver. Jana and I were throwing around the idea of a cruise next summer.....who knows? But for now, I think Denver will end my summer vacations. Vacations are expensive!
No comments:
Post a Comment