Thursday, June 10, 2010

Interpreter is my middle name!

Randy is currently in New York City! Lucky duck! He is there with several of his close high school friends. Cute, huh? I love that every summer Randy gets to travel to a new city and experience a new baseball stadium with the guys (and not me)!

Don't get me wrong, I love, LOVE, LOVE to travel, but Randy and I need to do separate things. If you disagree, then I can give you the 411 from what I learned in my relationship and family/marriage counseling courses. Trust me, this is a good thing. If we spent every waking moment of every day all year long, we would kill each other. Then Mopac would be an orphan (sad)! So when he returns on Monday, I leave on Tuesday for Philly with Jana!!!! Later in the summer, Randy and I will take our own trip together for those of you who are worried.

For all the worry warts:

First and foremost, this is a guy's trip. It's baseball, sleeping on roll away carts, stuffing your face at the hotel's continental breakfast so you're not hungry later, and more baseball. Hello, they are in fabulous NYC and sitting at Yankee Stadium all WEEKEND LONG! I'd like to take a tour of the stadium and maybe watch 3 or 4 innings, and I'd be good to go with my check-off list. There are tons of fabulous museums and Broadways to be seen and not never-ending baseball to watch and cheap hotdogs to consume. But this is why I am not there and am packing to go home to see the parentals.


Last night the guys and me all went to dinner since they spent the night at the Lueders' hotel. I told the guys that I hope they get to experience some culture while they are there.

Dave's response: "I get enough culture in Texas."
Me: "You do?"
Dave: "Well yah, the Ammansville picnic is coming up in a couple of weeks. How much more culture could you need than that?"

sigh


Well Randy must be stressed out by the big city because he is very text friendly today.

Let me interpret what each message means.

1st text: "Bout to leave Hotlanta!"
interpretation: I'm carefree and lovin' the taking off and landing part of flying!

2nd text: "Landed in NYC"
interpreation: "Oh boy, here we go!"

3rd text: "Made it to hotel without being stabbed."
interpretation: There was an awful lot of pushing and shoving on the subway. Maybe throw in a rude taxi driver as well.

4th text: "Sensory overload."
interpretation: blood pressure rising!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. He should document those things on his excel sheet when he takes his b/p. Oh wait! He already does that! Silly me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.....nerd alert....

    "Penny I figured out the city really quick since I spent so much time on Google earth before I left."

    oh randy

    ReplyDelete