Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fingers Crossed

I came home tonight and was perusing facebook. Lo and behold, the next thing you know, I'm in my car driving to the convenience store.

I'm on a mission...buy lottery ticket.

After reading all of those status updates, I felt left out. I kept thinking, "I could have the winning ticket." Mega Millions could be in my future. (insert snicker here)

Let me just say there's no way in heck I'm going to win. But by driving to the store and wasting five bucks, I feel like I'm in control. Being in control is a good thing. I needed this. I needed to stand in line with my pajamas on with all the other poor suckers. I needed to waste, excuse me, fund public education with my what could have been Chick Fil A spicy sandwich money.

Randy told me I could quit my job if we win.

Cross your fingers!

P.S. If you didn't buy a ticket, you might be feeling like you could have been a winner post number announcement. I won't say "I told you so." I'll be too busy spending my winnings;)

snicker, snicker, snicker

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear Penny. How I have missed your quirkiness! You make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete