Thursday, January 5, 2012

Things I know... (part 7)

- Sleeping is so overrated. Running on 3-4 hours of sleep is the perfect excuse to not have to wear any make-up or cook dinner or do anything for that matter.

-I had no idea how someone so small could mess up so many clothes. I've done more laundry in 2 weeks than I do in a month.

-Baby socks are impossible to keep up with. We have about 5 loose socks roaming around the house.

-It's quite entertaining to match phrases and song lyrics to the beat of my breast pump. So far the sound matches closest with the phrase, "Wreck em' Tech." Hey, when it's 3:30 in the morning, you gotta come up with something to keep from falling asleep.

-Baby burps are LOUD, like in I ask Randy was that him or Campbell?

-Those Pampers people are geniuses. That yellow to blue line that indicates wetness is amazing.

-Campbell loves to poop and pee AFTER YOU TAKE HER DIAPER OFF. You'll just be ready to put a new diaper under her when she lets it rip and/or flow. When that air hits her behind, it's all over. We are taking up to 2 diapers per changing. In the words of Randy, "Campbell this is not good for our diaper investment."

-I used to wish for bigger boobs. What on earth was I thinking? Bigger means more pain. I will now look to my bustier friends with empathy instead of envy.

-Cabin fever has set in. I need at least one outing a day, or I go crazy.

-Our family and friends have been wonderful. From all the delicious casseroles and food brought over to the sweet little clothes/outfits, Campbell is well loved. Oh and her momma thanks those who come to play with Campbell so she can sleep.

-Mopac is starting to like me again. We're not completely there, but we've made progress from that initial night where she growled at me. It was a rough transition, but she'll actually tolerate Campbell's crying now. She still gives the, "Why are you still here look?" every once in a while.

-Lunch meat has never tasted so good and sleeping, I mean laying, on my back is also phenomenal.

1 comment:

  1. Several points brought a smile to my face :) You should share all of these with Campbell when she grows up.

    ReplyDelete