Sunday, February 26, 2012

One Month

Campbell (and her parents) survived her first month of life. I was supposed to write this oh about 5 weeks ago. I was too exhausted to barely keep breathing yet alone blog.

So here it is written as if it was January 20th. Just imagine people.

Campbell- 1 month



Campbell the first month of your life could be summed up with three words...
Sleeping, Eating, Pooping

That's all you did.

Looking back over that first month it's such a blur. These posts will get much better Campbell.

Your mommy was a walking hormonal zombie. Thank goodness for my mom. Mimi stayed for about a week and a half. (It was so great having her here. She was a tremendous help and an experience I'll treasure forever. Oh how I love that woman.)

Campbell, I hope you will love me one day as much as I love your Mimi.


Highlights

Eating: This is your favorite part of the day. You are quite the little piggy. We can't even pause the feeding to burp you without you starting your whining cry. This cry is hysterical. It's your "I'm stubborn like my daddy cry." Hence why I started calling you "Little Randy."

Pooping: My goodness this happens way too often. I had no idea babies could poop 8 to 10 times a day. I.n.t.e.n.s.e.

First bath: Mimi helped me give you your first bath. You loved the warm water. You loved it so much that you pooped in the water. It was disgusting and will be something we will give you a hard time about later.


Sleeping: We really don't have a set schedule. You cry; we react. During the night, you usually wake up every 2-3 hours to eat.

Size: You are wearing newborn diapers and newborn clothes. I can't believe you are this small. At your one month appointment, you weighed 10 lbs., 3 oz. (75th percentile) and measured 22 3/4 inches(95th percentile). You have such chubby, kissable cheeks and long legs. Your daddy calls you "Cheeks."

Responding: One of my favorite things about the first month of your life is how you would follow me with your eyes when I would talk. You would turn your head towards the direction of my voice. I must have a voice of an angel. :)

Happy one month sweet baby girl! We are so excited you are apart of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment