Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Validation

Today was Campbell's 2 month doctor appointment. I still have not posted her 2 month post. But don't worry, "Blog" is on my things to do list and it has an asterisk next to it.

This means it must get done. The asterisk means no more messing around and putting it off. It's one of my nerdy ways to go above and beyond the things to do list by prioritizing the things to do.

Our pediatrician made me feel great today. He completely validated all of my feelings from week 4 to about 7.

Pediatrician: "You guys had quite the road to get to this point. Most parents don't deal with what yall were going through."

Amen brother!

Seriously, I'm not trying to sound like a martyr. Campbell is a healthy and active little girl. She just wasn't a happy little girl which made for a long 3.5 weeks.

I felt like such a bad mom. I would feel incredibly guilty when people would comment, "Isn't being a mother the best thing ever?" I would just grin and think to myself, "No, the best thing ever would be throwing a pacifier at your head." I just didn't fit in the "happy mother group."

I was too exhausted and overwhelmed to be happy.

Even our dog groomer who sees Mopac 4-5 times a year commented to Randy when he picked up Mopac from an appointment, "Is Penny okay? She looked exhausted."

Today our pediatrician said, "It's great to see baby AND mom smiling. You and your husband looked so worn out."

Yes, it was taxing on Randy as well. So taxing, he removed himself from the shrieking nightly from the hours of 11pm to 7 am by sleeping in the spare bedroom. See he had to go work. And since I enjoyed the Food Network all day...anyway. It's something that I'm not going to hold over his head. (My fingers are crossed.)

But life is improving. My little girl is smiling and happy. See for yourself.



I love this picture!!

She loves her special formula. And we love seeing her this way. We even are submitting a medical claim and a letter from her doctor to insurance to see if they will help cover the cost of the formula since it's medically necessary (more like psychologically necessary for her parents.)

Another improvement, we are calling her the right name. Randy and I both called her Mopac several times. I'm also happy to announce that I haven't called her Cameron in about 2 weeks.

First rule of parenting: Get your child's name right.

No comments:

Post a Comment