Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weirdness

This blog is overwhelming me. The thing is I have all these random blog posts/entries just floating in my head, and sometimes I don't have access to a computer. Maybe I should switch to a paper journal. This whole self-expression thing is limited by lack of time in front of the computer screen.....grrr.....

Why am I so busy? I don't even have a kid. Blasted, I mentioned that again, didn't I? Blame it on facebook. That thing is psychic. It has all these baby ads on the side of my facebook pages. It's evil!

So this actually happened a week or two ago, but it's so incredible I just have to blog about it. Are you ready for the weirdest thing you've ever heard?





I'm not just talking slightly weird; I'm talking crazy. As in I need to pull out my DSM diagnosis manual and start reading through it, because Randy's dream has to be somewhere in there.


About two weeks ago Randy wakes me up in the middle of the night. No, he was not coughing up his lung; we're past that people. He woke me up around 3am with a nice swift hit on the arm. Groggily (is that a word?) I said, "What do you want?" I was not a happy camper. But then I thought "Oh no, Randy never wakes up in the middle of the night. Is the house on fire? I don't smell smoke. Where's my sweet baby girl, Mopac?" So I replied again with "What's wrong?"

Are you ready for this?



He said rapidly, "Penny there's a snake in the bed."


Ummmmm....yah!

You know as in a green thing that slithers. Do you think I could make this up if I tried?


Okay, so I thought at this point I must be dreaming, and I rolled over. But he hit me again, "Penny did you hear me? There's a snake in the bed."


Ummm crazy man in my bed!!!!! I replied with the only answer I could (of course through gritted teeth) "Go back to bed Randy."

Then he jumps out of bed. "Penny, Penny there's a snake in the bed. I felt it."

Now do you really want this to be a "I told you so" incident later?

Really? Really Randy? But then I thought well I don't want to get bit. Maybe one crawled in. I know, silly right, but hey it's 3 am, and I'm half asleep. Not to mention my husband is dancing around our bedroom in his boxers yelling "There's a snake. Get out of the bed."

I turned on the lights, and much to his satisfaction, I started stripping off our blankets and comforter as he watched hovering by the door. But yet he claims he has this thing called a man stick? Hmmm....right!

So snake exterminator Penny cleared the area, and we returned back to bed.


Never a dull moment in the Lueders' household.

I didn't know if I should laugh or hit him with my pillow.

3 comments:

  1. who knows! i think he dreamed that something touched his leg and jumped to that conclusion....you never know with my looney toon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, this post made me laugh out loud. "Now do you really want this to be a "I told you so" incident later?" haha, you're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete