Monday, April 5, 2010

Baseball Season

Hold on to your caps people the time has arrived. It's officially baseball season......
For those of you who don't speak baseball, the above statement translates to "Say goodbye to your husband Penny."


Grr......I think baseball is a total snore. In fact baseball is one reason why I am still awake at 11pm. Randy is driving home from Houston as we speak.

Tonight the Astros' opened their season in Houston. My husband and the crew from LaGrange have been going to opening day since high school. Pretty cool, huh? Ever since the boys had their driver licenses they've been in attendance for opening day. I love that Randy has so many close friends from home, and they still do this traditional event each year.

Plus I don't have to go.

I mean I do enjoy some aspects of baseball.... like leaving. Okay that's a little unfair because every summer Rands asks, "Want to go to Houston to watch the Astros?" I don't even hesitate before I say YES!!! It's the NACHOS! I love the Minute Maid nachos. Best nachos ever!

I usually try to hold out as long as possible before trekking it to the concession stand. It usually goes down like this....

P: "I'm going to get some nachos. I'm starving. Plus I can smell them. They are calling my name."
R: "You better wait. You know how bored you get. Why don't you wait until the 4th inning?"
P: "Good idea. I can wait until then. Then it'll be half over. I can do it; it's something to look forward to----4th inning--- Play Ball!"

ten minutes which is 2 hours later in Penny time

P: "I'm STARVING! I have to go now."
R: "Okay but it's still the first inning."

No worries faithful readers, I'm independent and can be an extremely slow walker. I'll be saying "extra jalapenos please" while they'll be wrapping up at least the third inning.

But it never fails. I return and it's still the first inning. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
What in the heck happened while I was gone?

R: "Penny you missed it. It was so exciting. This guy fouled the ball off 20 times before he got a hit."

Where is this goober? How dare him prolong the game by 19 more pitches?

P: "ughh awesome....I guess." (All the while thinking what am I going to do for the next 22 hours until this game is over?)


Please, oh please do the kiss-cam. Nachos and the kiss-cam make the game a little more bearable.
"Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me"


I love it when the camera man puts the camera on two strangers. Hahahaha!

I'm sure we'll be attending at least one baseball game this year at the "juicebox." Isn't that such a cute nickname for the stadium? I'm sure the boys are talking about this now on their drive home. I can't wait to see Randy which is why I'm still up typing (that and I'm a complete scaredy cat who can't fall asleep if I'm here alone.) I'm sure he'll say what he always says when he comes home from an Astros game....

R: "Man if we lived in Houston, we'd have season tickets."

Yet another reason to be thankful that we live in Austin!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. I had to read the "conversation" between you and Randy to Derryk. Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete