Randy loves to save money. He just does. It's like his middle name.
Randy hates wasting money and waking up early. But he'll set his alarm for 6:55am to try for the new appliance rebate. Oh yes! We were one of the few to get the rebate that was going on a couple of weeks ago. He tried until noon that day. Persistence saved us around 150 bucks. So thanks Rands for being such a penny-pincher. Not literally....I hate being pinched.
Well I had so much fun picking out the new dishwasher at Sear's. Granted, I didn't get the two drawer system because this was around $1500 bucks. Yikes!!! But the one I did pick is super nice. I can't wait to retire the old spaceship we currently have with our new sleek, quiet, 4 hour delay start kitchen gem. How do people survive without dishwashers? Spoiled, with a capital S.
When we were at Sear's it took forever to check out because Randy had to deny all of the extra warranties/products/options. Did you not catch his middle name? We save money in this place, not spend it. Well Randy lives by this motto. I try!
The one option I disagreed with was the "No installation" option.
P: "Randy it's not that expensive. Let's just have them do it."
R: "Penny that's where they get you."
P: "I'll pay for the installation fee."
R: "Or you can pay me the $165."
P: "But they'll do it professionally." (hence: right)
R: "Penny I can read directions. I'll figure it out. It's not that hard."
I reluctantly agreed.
Today the dishwasher was delivered. It was delivered around 2pm. Just note the time. Well the reason I'm typing on my blog now at 6:15 instead of making dinner is because my entire kitchen is torn apart. This must be routine procedure. I'm sure the Sear's man would have done this as well.
I went to go check on Randy a few minutes ago just to see how easily he is following those directions, and I hear him say, "Where is this water coming from?"
Hmmm...I'm sure this is routine as well.
Maybe I'll start looking for pizza delivery coupons. My kitchen looks off limits for awhile.
haha! Our husbands are too much alike.
ReplyDeletehilarious. love it.
ReplyDelete