Thursday we have a behavior assembly at school. All of the office staff are dressing up in the "what not to wear" attire to demonstrate acceptable dress code. What was left on the sign up sheet?
Gothic apparel!
Ummm....I'm a pink lace and pearls kinda girl. Where do you even find gothic clothes? Isn't it just black and baggy?
Well I'm going to need some help here people. I have no idea how to pull off the gothic look. We went to Wal-Mart tonight in search for a costume. I didn't even know what I was looking for in the store.
"Umm excuse me, do you have a goth section?" I mean how do you ask for this type of stuff?
I did score a "black cherry" lipstick. Yuck! I hate lipstick. I can't remember the last time I had waxy lips. Even on my wedding day, I did the whole gloss thing. How can people wear that stuff? I end up licking it off in like ten minutes because it bothers me so much. And can we talk about the taste? It's like eating a candle. I'm sure I'm going to look smoking hot in my black lipstick.
P: "Randy do you think they sell chains at Wal-Mart?"
R: "What kind of chains?"
P: "You know, the kind I can hang on the outside of my pants."
R: "You'll have to go to the hardware store like Hank Hill."
Leave it to Randy to allude to "King of the Hill."
Tomorrow, we will be hitting up the Goodwill. I guess for black clothes?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! If you provide a suggestion, I'll email you a picture of me in my get-up. Talk about incentive!
Paint your fingernails a black/dark color. Wear tons of bracelets/ tons of necklaces. A black fitted t-shirt and baggy black jeans will complete the gothic look you're going for. I want pictures!
ReplyDeleteYou my faithful commenting friend will definitely be on the picture recipient list:)
ReplyDeleteWoo-hoo! Is that my new title? Kinda like Penny the planner... but Faithful Commenting Friend Leslie doesn't have the same ring to it.
ReplyDelete