Monday, August 30, 2010

Things I know....

1) My job is ______________________.

Fill in the blank!

How about stressful? exhausting? draining? confusing? difficult? tiring?

Yah any of those. Pretty much everyday I climb this imaginary cliff. The time I "jump" from it can happen anytime between 11 and 4:30. I usually "jump" by eating something fattening. Go me! I'll be a hippo by November.

2) Grad school is here....again! I'm back from my two year hiatus. Man, another reason I'll miss teaching. No, I'm ready to get this Master's degree in a frame. My internship class started tonight. MY LAST CLASS AS A MASTER'S STUDENT!!! I'm ready to wear that little hoodie thing in December when I graduate. But boy I don't miss messing with parking, expensive textbooks, course requirements, yuck, yuck, yuck! Oh not to mention class until 9:30 after working all day! Blah!

3) I really want a new car!

4) Randy is reading, like really. He's on the couch with the book. I know, I nearly fell over myself. He has his "not to be an idiot at work" training again tomorrow. They are discussing book number 3. I guess he figures the boss is on to him....so he sits and reads!

5) Mopac is precious. I don't even feel like I'm bragging when I say this because it's the truth. I'm not a bragger. I'm a truth teller.

6) Christmas vacation is a long way away.

7) Football season, fall weather, pumpkins, and burnt orange everywhere- Fall is definitely coming!

8) That you can incorporate goal setting even in a kid's schedule change request. Yah, I'm upping the ante on these painful scheduling changes. Now, they must tell me some goals associated with their plan of action. I don't accommodate "Because my friend is in 3rd period, and I'm in 2nd period, so I want to switch." I say, GAME OVER!!

9) The hottest colors for fall are plum, burgundy, and hunter green. Target and Old Navy please don't let me down.

10) That I'm not sleeping at night because I'm too worry about how steep my work cliff is going to be the next day.

Phil 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my friend. We are definitely, definitely in need of a dinner. Let me know when you are available and we will set it up with the gals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good....i'll call you soon!

    ReplyDelete