Thursday, August 19, 2010

Highlights

Do you remember Highlights? That magazine that every kid "reads" or only flips wildly to the hidden picture page. Man, I loved the hidden picture page. I was always so ticked when I would visit the dentist's office and the little terd before me had circled everything. My awesome mother bought me my very own subscription after all of that frustration.

Well we are going to play a similar Highlights game now entitled "What's different?"

A picture of our mantel.


(Yes, we have a family picture with our dog. What? What?)

Find what's different.





Oooh what is that thing? Let's take a closer look.




Any guesses?

Well let me help you out because you'll never guess. It's Pooh! Like in Pooh Bear with the jar of honey. I came downstairs yesterday morning, and I jumped when I was putting my makeup on in front of the mirror. Why did I jump? Let's go back to picture 3. Did you see Pooh? Yah, it's not even a close resemblance to Pooh.

This Pooh is not just any Pooh, but Randy's beloved childhood toy. Now when I say beloved, I mean BELOVED! I love to hear about Randy's childhood stories. He was such a beautiful child. He was one of the magazine babies. So I just ooh and ahh over stories about him when he was little. I've heard all about his Pooh. His mom told me, "He slept with Pooh every night, and if he didn't have it, look out." Randy throw a fit? No way, get out of town!

Well Pooh holds a very dear place in his heart. He found Pooh when we were cleaning out his dad's house last weekend. I was shocked when I saw it. It doesn't look like Pooh. It looks deformed. Now I know it's been patched a couple of times, like a gazillion. But it's kinda scary looking. And he has a problem with Dr. Seuss....

Well now that Pooh has been resurrected, (this is an appropriate term based on the state of Pooh) he has found his new home, our mantel.

P: "Randy, your "Pooh" toy scared the daylights out of me the other morning. Why is it on our mantel?"

R: "Why wouldn't Pooh be on our mantel?"

Ummm let's all go back and revisit picture 3, shall we?

Pooh will need a new home like upstairs in a spare bedroom.

5 comments:

  1. Haha. "Why wouldn't Pooh be on our mantel?" So Randy. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love it, Penny! Although this sounds CRAZY...I get Randy. I have a stuffed animal of similar condition named Clownie...but per Daniel's request, he's in a box somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I love how you make me laugh. Let me know if you ever wanna get together for Mesa Rosa! I want to hear about your new job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard when I saw Pooh bear in the second picture!! Even Braden got a kick out of the picture of Pooh. :-) Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete