Monday, November 29, 2010

Fire drills in college?

Oh what a great sound that treacherous alarm made tonight!

"There is an immediate fire threat in the building. Please evacuate immediately."

Yep right smack dab in the middle of class.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

So as we are filing out of the building like cattle awaiting the auction pen, murmurings of "is this for real?" starts happening.

All of my classmates, who are school counselors, were reporting to everyone that they need to stand in a straight line, face the building, and no talking. HAHAHA! All we needed were green and red cards to hold up to show we made it out of the building safely.

So we stand there in the cold with all of our things. About 20 minutes later, our professor said "Let's just call it a night."

You don't have to tell me twice. Shortly after that the police officer came out and said building is clear and it's safe to go back inside.

What? I didn't hear anything! And apparently neither did my friends who were dancing and singing (literally) to their cars.

Hooray for an hour class as opposed to three.

So now I've been home relaxing. I have not cooked dinner (thank you the ever delicious Taco Bell!). Nor have I decorated my Christmas tree. I'm thinking we might go with the au natural look this year. Evergreen and lights! Start the tradition with me! But I am about to watch Modern Family we recorded last week with my sweet family. Ahh how I love my hubby and puppy!

2 comments: