So I'm trying this new recipe for dinner. I'm not sure how I pulled this one off. But I managed to throw some stuff in the slow cooker, and I think we'll have dinner. I washed my hands about a dozen times throughout the whole process. It also took me about 10 minutes to chop one onion. It usually takes me about a minute or two, but this dinner prep had many breaks.
I know, I know. I should be resting. But I tend to push myself. I don't like being sick. I don't like being cooped up here ALL DAY long! I wanted to go back to work today, but Randy wouldn't let me. Last night before bed I was running a 101 temperature, so I let him win that one. My coworkers are probably grateful as well! I'm hoping to go tomorrow. Randy told me absolutely not. We'll see, so far no fever today! Maybe they'll just cancel school with the inclement weather.
We get it, right?...it's cold. If you didn't know, check your news feed on Facebook.
So this dinner is a new recipe for Belgium stew. I thought this one would work because it had very little prep and then viola, slow cooker do your thing.
The problem is, it doesn't smell good. Usually slow cooker meals fill your house with this amazing aromatic scent. Well, this one smells like a tavern. For the record, I hate beer. Like absolutely HATE beer. This recipe called for one bottle of dark beer. I thought, well we'll try it. The beer could give the meat a great flavor. Maybe I should like the flavor of something before I pour it all over my beautiful stew meat.
You know why I don't drink beer? Besides the fact it's nasty. It's expensive. I bought one bottle at HEB, and it cost 3 bucks! IBC root beer in those fabulous bottles don't even cost that much!
I had no idea what I was buying! There were cheaper single bottles but I couldn't tell what color the beer was because the bottles were so dark. Hello!!! Help out the non beer drinkers who just want a tasty, flavorful dinner with some clear bottles. I couldn't tell what the color of the brewskies were! Hence why I had to buy the 3 dollar beer because it had the words "Dark beer" on the bottle!
Dinner tonight could be interesting! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment