Monday, May 30, 2011

200th post!

I can't believe my blog has lasted this long. I started it on New Year's 2010, and I'm almost at my 1.5 anniversary! I have no idea if people read it or not, but I mainly use it for therapeutic reasons. And I like that it serves as an online scrapbook. So here's to blogging!!!

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you soldiers past and present for what you've done/do for our country. And a special thanks for their families and loved ones who selflessly wave good bye as they defend our country and allow Americans the freedoms we don't deserve.

Randy and I just hung out this weekend. I made banana pudding, and we had Rudy's for dinner. It's a requirement to have some type of grilled thing for holidays like these.

We also saw the Hangover 2. Bradley Cooper stole my heart. He's gorgeous!
The movie was pretty funny too. Did I mention that Bradley Cooper is in the movie and steals the show with his good looks?

This week is the last week with kiddos. Man, I'm ready for summer. The counseling office is busiest in the summer as we prepare to finish the master schedule and class schedules. I'll be working until the 16th and then freedom!!!!

Speaking of summer, we have finally booked our Vegas trip! I have bought our Cirque du Soleil tickets, and I have no idea what other shows we should see. I really want to see a magic show, a comedy show, and this really cool murder mystery dinner theater. Shows are so expensive, and I'm limited to two shows. I wanted to see the Cirque du Soleil because I've heard great things about these shows. So with my one option left, it should be a no brainer....


David Copperfield!
Ahh the man is a legend. I loved watching him as a kid. I've been mesmerized ever since he escaped that barrel in Niagra Falls. My brother and I liked him so much that we got a magic set for Christmas one year. We were way cool!

Well the problem is two-fold...
1) the tickets start at 95 dollars a person...eek!
2) apparently he's this big dirt bag.
Who knew? But apparently every time I mention it to someone that I want to see him in Vegas, they ask me if he's going to take me to his private island?

What private island?
Why does this sound slightly like a Michael Jackson creepster park?
Have I missed this memo? And why are the tickets so pricey if he's a dirty old man?

Ahh so many decisions...

Ahh I'm so excited about Vegas.

I started researching, and I know we're going to do the following things...

the Buffet at Bellagio (like how this is number 1 on my list?)
two shows (second one tbd)
the Hoover Dam (guess who's pick this one is?)
visiting the famous wedding chapel and taking oh so cheesy pics
laying out pool side while Randy loses money in the casinos

Any other suggestions? I'm just starting all the research. I'd love some tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment