I went to the mall today and did a first. I walked into the store Hot Topic. I made the sign of the cross and entered. Wow, could that store be any more scarier? So this scary lady came up to me and said, "Do you need any help?" This sounds typical customer service behavior, but I wish you could have seen her face. It was clearly this, "What in the tarnation are you doing in here?" I agree. What in the heck am I doing in Hot Topic wearing my cute little Banana Republic cream sweater with a swishy collar?
I need my goth clothes for the assembly tomorrow. I told her I was shopping for a "gift." Because clearly, yes very clearly, I don't belong in Hot Topic. How could I say I'm looking for a costume to show middle schoolers what not to wear to school? I could have saved 30 bucks tonight and just invited the clerk to our assembly. But that wouldn't be very nice and not nearly as much fun as dressing up. Can I just say how pumped I am about my outfit? I totally rock the goth look!
I'm wearing my Ann Taylor black pants. Ann Taylor screams goth! Randy's old boots with buckles. So far I've painted you the picture of Bozo the clown, but wait it gets better! This black t-shirt with neon green skulls on it. The lady informed me that the t-shirts were 2 for $12, but if I just bought one, it'd be $10. I think this was also a mall/shopping first for me. I declined the offer. 2 bucks is a non-happy hour Sonic drink. I'll never wear this stuff again anyway. Back to the ensemble... black bracelets, red/pink hair extensions, (these are way cool by the way!) and a hip pant chain. I tried everything on tonight, and Randy laughed when he saw me. That's how good I look.
I also outlined my lips in black eyeliner (is this safe? is eye-liner intended for something other than eyelids?) and piled on the black cherry lipstick. I do have to admit, my teeth never looked whiter. Move over Rembrandt, black lipstick is where it's at.
I also painted my eyes with black eyeshadow, and I made a necklace out of black gorilla tape we had in the garage. I'm so crafty.
There were lots of firsts for me tonight including me declining the free "VIP" members card at Hot Topic. I'm sorry but the incentive to go back into that store needs to be more than a 10% off email. Now, I apologize if you like this store. I'm not sure how because it's scary and painful! I hurt myself just trying on some of those spikey bracelets. Yikes! More power to all the Hot Topic fans.
To finish off my goth trip, I stopped off at Yankee Candle Company. How many people enter that store sporting a stuffed Hot Topic shopping bag? I am in love with the 2010 Boney Bunch Collection. I adore Halloween!!! Click on the web link below. I bought the candle holder display that's on the homepage. I even spent five dollars on those extra cool white taper candles that drip red wax. Ha!ha!Ha!
http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/retail.jsp
I was very tempted to walk over my Yankee purchase back to Hot Topic. I felt like I needed to prove my goth side to the clerk, but instead Mrs. Cleaver came home to make dinner.
This is awesome!! I hope you take a picture!!
ReplyDeletehaha. I'm pretty sure the word "tarnation" isn't a commonly used word in the Goth crowd... but I understand b/c you don't speak Jewish. Oh, I crack myself up!
ReplyDelete