Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ready, Set, Go!!!!

Tomorrow the kids come!!!! All 880 of them!


What will I be doing tomorrow?


I have no idea!

I think I'm going to miss teaching. I feel so out of the "back to school" loop. I didn't do one bulletin board this summer. I don't have my classroom rules posted. I haven't been practicing my "Be super tough in the beginning" speech. Basically, it doesn't feel like school is starting. I will miss having an agenda. I will also miss the control I felt within the walls of my classroom. I mean I had a plan. My kids knew my expectations. I knew what was going to happen from the beginning of the lesson to the end. Now I don't have a clue what's going to happen. I've given up that control, and I don't like it.

I do know that I'll be in the library in the morning creating schedules for new kids who are registering. Wait, come again? Yes kids will apparently be registering tomorrow for school. I don't get it. How do you wait until the first day of school to register your child? I mean, do parents wake up and say "Hey, look the school zone lights are flashing, I guess we should get little Sally to school." Or, "Look a yellow bus, school must be back in session, load up kids. Let's get you enrolled."

Other than visiting with the kids during lunch, I have a feeling my plan of action tomorrow is creating and changing schedules.

Why must I have a plan of action you ask?

Because I must. It's how I roll people.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I missed my lunch buddy today. I agree it was very strange not having students to prepare for. It was a great day, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Failing to plan is planning to fail."

    Penny-the-Planner

    List-making Lueders

    Checklist-Chick

    Ok. I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. F: i'm glad you're a follower:)
    S: I didn't eat lunch until 2pm today. Missed having yall capture me.
    L: Do I need to remind you how much time I've shaved off of your grocery trips?:)

    ReplyDelete