Today was a fun day!
My brand new car is in our garage, and she is smiling!
She loves her new home!
Randy was amazing today! If I wasn't married to him, I think I'd be scared of him. He's a pro at bargaining and negotiating. He doesn't back down, and his confidence makes me squirm a little.
If he ever wants a career change, I'm going to push for law school. He'd be an amazing attorney!
Why?
One word...ruthless
Before we went into the dealership he turned to me with the game plan.
"Now when we get in there, you follow my lead. If I get up and say we're leaving, you get up too. We are in the power seats. Don't forget that."
I was ready for a "Ready? Break!" moment.
I should have put on some black marks under my eyes.
Well he definitely put that Business Foundations certificate to work today. I looked on in awe and complete nervousness. If I was buying the car without him present, I would have just signed on the line. I hate confrontation. Randy loves it!
Poor salesguy: "We want your business, and we'll do whatever we can to get your business."
Randy: "Well that's obviously a lie. Because if that was true you give me the car at the price I asked for."
Salesguy: "Sir I'm a straight shooter. I'm not going to lie to you."
Randy: insert laugh here
Can you believe he laughed? Oh my goodness, so embarrassed...I wanted the floor to eat me up!
Then he tried to talk numbers...
Umm not a good idea with Randy.
I was waiting for him to pull out his Excel spread sheet print outs.
Salesguy: "So as you can see that's 300 dollars right there."
Randy: "Actually, it's 199 dollars."
Salesguy: "Um, stall, ugh, umm, yah I guess you're right. It is 200 dollars."
Randy: "No again, it's 199 dollars."
Umm did I mention he's really good at math?
When it was all over with, Rands had the biggest grin on his face.
R: "Wasn't that fun?"
P: "Yah, only when I shook his hand sealing the deal."
Hooray for the price we wanted AND window tinting.
You go boy!
Pics coming soon!
What'd you get? What'd you get? :)
ReplyDelete