I'm pretty sure I'm about to fall asleep. It's 8:34, and I think I'm headed to bed.
The only thing on my mind is the following question, "Did today even happen?"
What a whirlwind! I got to work at 7:45, and the next thing I knew it was 1:30.
I might have changed around a gabillion schedules today. I think every time I turned around, I was putting out another fire.
And those poor sixth graders. Oh you need an extra dose of patience walking down their hallways. Those locker combinations are downright dangerous. I forgot how much time those things took to figure out. But I had flashbacks to my teaching days and helping kids pass the 0 three times clockwise, land on the number, turn counterclockwise, etc. It's just too much for them on that first day. We're glad if they find their way inside the school. And then we slam them with locker combinations.
The schedule today was a little funny due to the registration rooms this morning. So, we had to get back on a lunch schedule to accommodate the cafeteria and transitions time, which means it went registration period, 1st period, 2nd period, 4th period, etc. Third period actually happened after 6th period. I know, complete confusion.
I actually had a sixth grader argue with me.
"But I just left second period. 3rd comes after second!!!!"
Poor little bugger. He had such a death grip on his schedule. I thought he was going to poke a hole through his paper as he was jamming his finger on his third period class to show me he knew how to count.
That kid won't want to come back tomorrow.
Poor little bugger.
But the good news is tomorrow we will have a regular bell schedule.
And hopefully my feet won't be pulsing at the end of the day. I bet I walked 5 miles within the school today.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment