Sunday, August 14, 2011

What do I do with my hands?

Okay, feeling the baby move is by far the coolest thing about being pregnant.

Every time it happens, I freeze. I actually whisper, "Do it again!" The baby usually responds. He/She digs me. I can tell.

The not so cool part is the lack of sleeping. I don't sleep anymore. This is where readers are saying, "That's God's way of preparing you for motherhood."

Yah, yah, I got it. But that's not for another 19 weeks.

Eek, I said 19 weeks! Time is flying!

I need help! I have always been a back sleeper. I sleep on my back the entire night, and I wake up in the same position. Well, now I can't sleep on my back because of the weight of the uterus on major arteries that deliver oxygen and nutrients to the baby. So, I am now a side sleeper.

Which means I toss and turn all night long. I can't get comfortable. My shoulder is the first thing that usually falls asleep. It's start hurting, and then it's rotation time. On to the left side! Usually at this point, my hands start tingling. Where do side sleepers put their hands? They just float around in open space. They need a spot! So putting them under my pillow is only successful for about 5 minutes. After that, they start burning and are officially asleep. At least something is asleep...hardy, har, har.

And next, I have to go to the restroom. I try the whole "It'll go away. Just try to fall back asleep." It's a rule. Everyone knows once you wake up to go to the bathroom, you might as well do it. Because you are NOT falling back asleep. No pep talk is going to fix that.

Sometimes, I want to wake up Randy, so he gets to share in these pregnancy moments with me. This could be crucial bonding time for us all!

1 comment:

  1. When I sleep on my side I usually have one hand next to my face and the other is about the elbow of the first arm. But it's ok for me b/c I don't like sleeping on my back and I tend to be a fetal sleeper anyways.

    ReplyDelete