Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pain

Today I'm 26 weeks along.

Insert happy dance here.

My body is definitely feeling every bit of 26 weeks. I'm not sure how some women are pregnant 5, 6, 9 times. We might have an only child. This past week has marked some minor challenges and new aches.

My biggest concern is the sudden emergence of rib pain. Oh my goodness, I have this constant aching pain in my ribs. In fact, my ribs are sore to the touch. I called my doctor about it because there have been several times that I wanted to leave work early because of the pain.

It basically could be a lot of things. It ranges from the uterus pushing on the rib cage to baby putting pressure/kicking ribs. I read something about nerves being pinched. Who knows? What I do know is that the pain leaves me almost in tears.

So I'll try hot and cold compresses next. I feel like that Operation board game guy. It feels like someone is poking around and snapping rib bones.

Yes, definitely thinking one child.

14 more weeks...
Keepin' on, keepin' on!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yippee!! Everyone says time slows down the closer you get to the end, but it was opposite for me! I felt like it just kept speeding up! Before I knew it, it was time to meet our little guy! Praying it goes fast for you too, and that some of these aches and pains become a little more bearable! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! I hope you and your baby love are doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny you will see after the baby is hear and growing you will only remember the good times you had with the baby inside and insanely (as I have more than once now) opt for another baby. And with each pregnancy being different you will just open a whole new can of worms that you didn't think existed.

    Africa was a breeze, Khalifah and this unnamed bundle not so much. I have thought many times over have you lost your mind to do this again....? LOL but in the end it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete