Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Not to brag but...

I passed my National Counselor Exam!!!!

I can barely believe it!

I haven't even posted that I was going to be taking it, because to be honest, I didn't want to have to post the follow up "I failed" post.

This exam is one of the steps needed to become a LPC, license professional counselor.

Randy has been encouraging me to take this exam all summer long.

"You need to take the exam before the baby. You won't have time to study later."

Oh alright! I signed up for the test, and then realized I didn't have the energy or motivation to study as I rounded out my second and began my third trimester.

I basically "studied" for approximately 15-20 hours. I spent my other "studying" time looking at Pinterest, shopping Etsy, and daydreaming about the baby.

I tried to cancel the exam, but I couldn't get my 250 bucks back. So it was just going to be an opportunity to get some exposure to the test.

You can imagine my surprise when the proctor handed me my print out from the computer test with a smile.

"Congrats! You passed!"

Me: "No, I didn't!"

Proctor: "Yes, you did!"

Well hot dog! Look at me being all smart and stuff!

It feels so good to have this marked off my list.

And to be a slacker...My mom always told me that I over studied for tests. I think she might be right! Too bad, I'm at the end of my tests/quizzes career. Wait, that's not a "too bad" statement. That's an alleluia statement!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Penny!!! That's awesome! Very proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete