Monday, November 21, 2011

Productive turned Lazy

Today I had lots of things planned- things I can't take care of due to the J.O.B.

Originally, I had a dentist and eye doctor appointment and an oil change scheduled.

Well I wake up and am excited for the opportunity to wait at least an hour at the dealership for my car. I'm not being sarcastic, because this would force me to write thank you notes.

I arrived, get all settled in with my slice of pumpkin break and nonfat, decaf caramel macchiato only to be told that my car uses synthetic oil. Which means that my oil doesn't need changing until every 10,000 miles. This is why Randy takes care of these things for me.

Why is my "Maintenance Required" light on glaring at me every time I turn on the ignition? Apparently, because all Toyota's have this light come on every 5,000 miles.

They reset my sensor and off I go. Thank you notes written= 0

Next, I get a phone call from my dental hygienist. My last dentist appointment was in the spring. I was 4.5 weeks pregnant then. In fact I found out the day before my appointment that I was pregnant. No x-rays for me!

Well, she called saying that they really can't just clean my teeth because it's been almost 1.5 year since I had x-rays. I would need x-rays.

Umm...

Hygienist: "So if you want to call your ob/gyn and have them fax over consent for the x-rays, we can go ahead and proceed with your appointment."

Umm...

Hygienist: "It's usually okay. We'll just put 2 double lead weighted aprons on you instead of one, and do six pictures."

Umm... she just said "usually."

pause, pause, pause

Hygienist: "Or we can reschedule until after the baby is born."

Umm... we WILL DEFINITELY do that one!

I can't even eat cold lunch meat!!!! I have to microwave it until it steams. Speaking of microwaves, I take at least 3 giants steps backwards every time I hit the start button. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to wear 2 or 20 lead weighted aprons to have x-rays done.

I'll just brush my teeth an extra 30 seconds each time until January.

So instead I went to Babies R Us, and used some of our baby money! I had an amazing coupon for our car seat. I scored big with almost 40 bucks off the original price.

And check this out...



I TOTALLY parked here. Don't worry I rolled my own eyes at myself. These spots are ridiculous. But... it was drizzling. I had to do it at least once. And I couldn't help snickering the whole way into the store.

The car seat needed to be bought pretty pronto. I'm focusing on what we MUST have, so the hospital will let us take our sweet bundle of joy home: name, pediatrician, and car seat.

Well, 2 out of 3 is not bad.

Progress...we're making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment