3 things have me smiling today...
1) This email arrived in my inbox today...
"Brilliant Bags under $200, plus 20% off." -Coach Factory Store
2) The whole "I like it..." bit on Facebook actually means "where do you like to put your purse?" Thank goodness! Because seeing status updates that read, "I like it on the floor or the kitchen table" had me gasping. I was worried there for a second. I mean how many perverted friends is too many? You gotta draw the line somewhere.
Mother Penny found this out the old-fashioned, ultra hip way...Google!
3) I saw my kiddos today!!!!! I had a training this morning near my old school. Well, the seventh graders were on lunch, so I just had to swing by and see my all grown-up former sixth graders. It totally made my day. I left there with such an amazing feeling. Randy asked if I need this kinda reinforcement to feel good. The answer, shamelessly, is heck yes! What a reinforcement squasher!
Affirmation is a great thing! I had 20 something girls shriek out "MRS. LUEDERS!!!" and give me great big bear hugs. The boys were even doing that whole "should I hug her or do fist bumps, arm up, oh no half down, scratch my head/awkwardness?"
Oh how I miss them!
Oh the joys of the awkwardness of middle schoolers!
They've grown up so much over the summer! It was great checking up on them and hearing how well they are liking 7th grade. It's also nice to hear that they remembered some of the things I taught them last year. I loved getting to hear about all of their extracurricular activities they can now participate in as 7th graders.
One kid said, "Mrs. Lueders I've been waiting all season long to play your new school because I know you'll be there." I can't wait to show up and cheer on both sides.
Sorry this post is me tooting my own horn...but somedays you just need to toot it!
Glad you had such a good day!
ReplyDelete1)Could be dangerous (very)
2)Those status updates always make me look twice, too.
3)Glad you got to see your old students!