Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What Next?

When I was in elementary school, I did something that squashed my mother so badly. I took something she was so proud of and just annihilated it. I did this all with one simple but very honest comment.

"Mom I want to change my name."

She.cried.big.fat.TEARS!

My mom loves my name. I was her favorite birthday present ever. See my mom was ticked when she went into labor because she was peeved my dad wasn't going to take her out for her birthday celebration. But hours later, she was comforted with something way better than a steak dinner. ME!!!!!
So she named me her lucky Penny because I was born on her birthday.

She gave me a very unique name. A name that has caused more teasing and picking on than one can imagine.

I hate coin jokes. They are not funny, nor original. My name is not Nickel, nor Dime, nor some other currency. So wipe that stupid grin off your face when you make that knee-slapping joke.
Hardy-har-har

But I'm over the bitterness. Can't you tell?

Sure, as an adolescent/child it was painful to be teased. But really I just gave them great ammo. My name is perfect for teasing. Now when I hear a joke, I just shrug and go on. I actually love my name now. So Mom I'm sorry I made you cry when I ranted the whole, "When I'm 18, I'm going to the court house to legally change my name" comment.

So I've heard everything before from copper to Lincoln, to my dog's name is Penny. What can I say it's a gosh darn good name. I even share my name with loving grandmothers.

I'm determined not to let my newest discovery set me back in my state of name acceptance.

But this is a little too much... Scentsy has taken it too far.

I love my new Scentsy! My fabulous mother-in-law gave me my first Scentsy for my birthday. I have been so excited about it that I sat down tonight to peruse the catalog. I'm way pumped about buying some new scents for the upcoming holiday season. In addition to their cute little warmers, they have a kids line.

Scentsy buddies are stuffed animals with little zippers on their back. You stash a scentsy fragrance near their little spines, and bam you have a fresh smelling stuffed animal. Because really, what little kid wouldn't want an "apple pie" lamb?

I'm not sure if I think this idea is brilliant or silly. (probably the latter) But just look what they went ahead and did...




What's this you ask?
Well it looks like a pig.

A pig that they so happened to name... dum dum dum
Penny!


I'm in scentsy shock.

Here's the awful description.


Penny the Pig


Neat and tidy, Penny never has a hair out of place—even her tail is a perfect curlicue! Find a special place for Penny to call home and she’ll clean it up in no time.

Penny loves to laugh, but can be a bit self-conscious. She can’t help but blush when she lets out a snort! Tell Penny all your jokes, but be sure to laugh along with her—it might even help to throw in an oink now and then!



I have no words left to utter or oink in this case.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of any penny jokes till I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a Penny for your thoughts"

    Nope, no Penny jokes here! ;)

    ReplyDelete