Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Things I know...(part 6)

-I only have 4 weeks left!

-I'm not sure how the baby is going to have any room to keep growing. My organs are crying, "Mercy!"

-We have the most active child. The kicks and punches ALL.DAY.LONG wear me out. It's fun to feel the big lumps (bones) through my skin. My doctor is thrilled over all of this movement. An active baby is a healthy baby!

-Putting on my shoes is the equivalent of how I felt after running a mile pre-pregnancy.
(Running? Who am I kidding? Power walking a mile is probably a little more truthful.) But seriously, everything takes an enormous amount of energy.

-I am a walking hormonal heater. My cold nature self has taken a vacation to a sweltering hot and sunny beach. Needless to say I am loving the cooler weather and Randy's freezing feet. He is a walking ice cube. See how well we compliment each other:)

-I think it's a boy. My last "Things I know" post, I felt a strong girl sense. Today, I'm seeing lots of blue and dump trucks in our future. I even catch myself using the "he" pronoun.

-I no longer fit in a school desk.

-I already have been thinking about the baby's stocking. What if LL comes early? We won't have a monogrammed stocking yet! I know...calm it down Penny.

-It's hard to calm it down when I get to meet our child in four short weeks (or sooner). I can't wait to snuggle and kiss all over it's precious little face. I can't wait to find out if Little Lueders is going to be a spunky little boy cheering on the Longhorns and being best buds with his daddy, or if Little Lueders will be his daddy's princess snuggling on his chest. I picture her wanting to wear a tiara and a tutu. Gosh, I hope so. I want to wear a tiara too. But it's really not about me. In fact all of my thoughts are about the baby. I don't really care about any gifts this year. The gift I want the most is our blessing from God. It's the gift that I'm counting down the moments to meeting.

I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET YOU LITTLE LUEDERS!

I didn't think it was possible to love something you've never met.

But I am head over heels in love. And with every kick or punch, I fall a little harder.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little post! Hebert's can't wait either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts- will you continue after LL makes their arrival?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals!!!!




    You bet Les! Although, they'll probably be more along the lines of "How do all you momma's survive on no sleep?" I'll need tips for sure!

    ReplyDelete