So as I become more and more of a boring wife, I don't really care too much about Valentine's Day. Maybe it was more of a dating holiday. Maybe it's because it's irritating to have to pay 3x the price of flowers for today. Or maybe it's because the wait at restaurants is over an hour long for a set menu that's 5x the price of their regular menu.
Nevertheless it's Valentine's Day. Randy and I did cook dinner tonight to celebrate. I guess I'm still semi-interested because I did bust out our cloth napkins....which Randy blew his nose in after dinner:-/ (Talk about a mood killer)
MENU
Grilled Tenderloins
Broccoli Crowns
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes (with melted cheese, green onions, and sour cream)
Chilled Country Time Lemonade (turn that nose back down, you're never too good for CTL)
Now I made Randy's favorite dessert of all time. It was by request. I know you're guessing along the lines of chocolate ganache or silken cake. How about mousse or cheesecake? Red velvet cake would be very Valentine's Day-ish.
Oh no my friends, it's even more glitzy ritzy than that.
FUNFETTI CUPCAKES
That's right, nothing screams "I love you honey," than Betty Crocker's $.89 cake mixes. I went all glam with cream cheese icing and rainbow sprinkles.
Not impressed? alright, alright, alright, I did put some red sprinkles on them for the holiday. I know I'm forgiven now.
Sounds like you had a delicious dinner! Happy Valentine's day!
ReplyDelete