Yes in case you missed all the tweets, the gazillion facebook updates/pictures, I'm informing you that it is snowing in Austin, Texas. And if you heard it here first, I'll accept all Kvue/Keye reference letters on behalf of these news stations. I'm all over this snow update.
This is fabulous! I am home and it's 2 o'clock. That's right, we were dismissed at 12:30. FABULOUS! The kids were nuts today because of all the snow. Let's be honest, I was also nuts today because of the snow. I was dancing in the hallway. Most of the teachers took breaks from the curriculum, what? we learn in school? to head out and play in the snow. I only got hit by one snowball. I'm sure it was a complete and total accident:)
Check out my pictures. I participated too!

Okay, okay, that was me in Denver during the blizzard of 2006. We did get snow, but come on people it's Texas.
Let's try again....
Much better....The kids had a blast playing. Cars were pulling over on 183 to take pictures of the kids. It snowed pretty hard in Leander for a good portion of the morning. The trees look like someone dumped powder on them. On my way home from school, I stopped for lunch at Chik Fil A. If you're getting out of school early, you need to celebrate right? (Waffle fries = celebration) I was disappointed that Round Rock didn't get as much snow as Leander. Check out pictures from home.
Wait....
Are you sick of everyone blowing this snow out of proportion yet? Northerns, just continue to scroll through as you shake your head in mild disgust.
Mopac is looking chic in her winter sweater. Don't you agree?

Well I'm off to enjoy my glorious afternoon off. Mopac and I are sitting in front of the fireplace watching Tyler Florence prepare the ultimate beef tacos on Food Network. I might later bust out a book and curl up for an afternoon nap. I'm definitely making a pot of chili for tonight's dinner. It's a rule. You must have chili and cornbread when it's cold. I should take advantage of this time off and clean my bathrooms. Nah! It's a snow day people. Haven't you heard it's snowing in Austin?
No comments:
Post a Comment