Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Things I know...

1) Halloween decorations have me giddy! My awesome pal Les bought me this amazing candy corn banner for my birthday to hang under the bar. I love it!




(Sorry the picture is crud)


2) Halloween definitely brings out my husband's sweet tooth. Mr. Wonka has me replenishing my Frankenstein candy dish weekly. This is fabulous for his dentist who collects Randy's money when he SEDATES him to fill a cavity! Can you believe it? W-I-M-P


3) I have a new pet peeve. Now, you're probably wondering how someone can just "have" a new thing that drives them crazy. Let me show you a picture to exhibit my frustration.




Whoa, someone is thirsty!!!!
Guess who's nightstand this is? Here's a hint: It's not mine or Mopac's.

Apparently my husband is addicted to candy and accumulating water glasses. Every night he brings his agua up stairs, which he doesn't drink by the way. And every day he adds to the collection. Umm go ahead and count 'em up!

I'm determined not to say anything. I'm irritated, but I kinda want to see how far this goes before the mini bar spills onto the floor. If he starts stacking cups, I'm going to flip. Besides, do you happen to notice what the cups are concealing? Pictures of me...gasp! I can barely believe it myself! It's a double whammy as far as I'm concerned.

4) My middle school is super cool. We had an author come to the library to do a book signing. I know! The author wrote the book, Savvy. It's a Newberry Award Winner, and I remember my sixth graders reading it last year. Well, obviously, I had to buy a copy and get it signed. I mean, I met someone famous. Of course, I'm going to buy a copy of her book. I can't wait to read it! Why wasn't my middle school cool? The coolest thing we did at school was career day.




5) There are more Texas Rangers fans now than there ever were. T-shirt fans if you will. Why am I talking about this? Because my facebook status wall is stacked with "Go Texas!," "Rangers Rule," and "Yankee Pankee." (yah! no comment on that last one) So if you can answer "YES" to the following question, I encourage you to tweet, post, sing, dance your Texas Rangers tune.

"Were you a Rangers fan three months ago?"

Well? if you said no or who gives a care, do us all a favor and stop posting on facebook how you're going to give you left arm away if the Rangers beat the Yankees. Seriously, we're over this!

The real question I want to know is "When does baseball end?"

7 comments:

  1. Ok, so I loved the entire blog but most of all. . . the last sentence! When DOES baseball end?!? Most boring sport to watch on TV. Ever. Plus, it's taking up my GLEE & BONES show time!!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sedation is the only way to have someone mess with your teeth...And the picture of not yours and Mopacs nightstand reminds me of mine...I also litter books all over mine too.

    Go Rangers! And I did get my Rangers hat before the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take out the Yankees! I love number 32! Go Texas Rangers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the Penny, I love your blog!

    Rock on Rangers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeremy: lol, ok Jeremy you are a legit fan. You owned the cap prior to this series. You get to pass go!

    Kaytlyn: Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed this post! Thanks for the shout out! :) And I'm really (seriously) tempted to post all kinds of Ranger status updates. Maybe I'll just do wall posts... on your wall. hahaha! I mean, what other sports team do I have to talk about? The Longhorns? ;)

    ReplyDelete