Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Willy Wonka's Fate

Oh my goodness, I was just talking about Randy's obsession with candy yesterday on the blog. Well, it's deja vu because I got a phone call today.

This weekend, Randy and I were dining at a fabulous Mexican restaurant in San Angelo. Fuentes is off the chains. Well anyway, in the middle of lunch Randy said "I think one of my fillings came out."

Can I get a shout out from all the cavity free people out there?
Whoo hoo!!!

Back to the story...so he did something he hates to do, he made an appointment to go to the dentist today to get it refilled.

Well I got a phone call at 3:45. This is school hours people. Randy never calls me when I'm at work, probably because I'm never at my desk. So I know it was important. Well I called him later today, and he reveals to me that he had an emergency root canal.

What? My Rands, who has zero tolerance for pain, had such decay all the way down to his root that the tooth was almost abscess.

So I feel sorry for my sugar. I just got through coaxing him and preparing him for this "minor" filling. I was trying to get him to be a big boy and not get the sedation.

Oh he got the sedation, and lots of it!
So much, that he threw up twice during the procedure. Can we talk about the dangers of throwing up when sedated? I was so glad I found this out after the surgery. He could have choked. Let me at these dentists!

When it rains, it pours.

In 2 weeks he goes back for his permanent crown. It turns out the missing filling was a crack in his tooth all the way to the gum. When they did the x-rays and were preparing to put a crown on it, they discovered that the root was completely rotten.

Of course there's a funny part to the story...

R: "I was so knocked out. I remember thinking, 'man I'm so relaxed, I hope I don't piss my pants."

R: "After I woke up, I immediately felt my pants. I was so relieved to feel that they were dry."

I think it's time to put up all the Halloween candy.

1 comment:

  1. Haha- glad to hear he's okay and his pants were dry. :)
    Surprised he's not blaming it on the gum he ate at our house...

    ReplyDelete