We have successfully finished class #1 without passing out or throwing up.
Go us!
I did however laugh too much.
Randy cannot, cannot, cannot be serious. He just can't. I think however, this week will be different. We will be discussing the actual labor and delivery process. There's even a video. I think I should pack a orange juice in my purse for when he passes out.
His reaction to last week's class, "That was a breeze. Plus I like sitting in the back because I really couldn't see all the posters and handouts she was pointing to."
My favorite part, where I got the look from the instructor, was during the breathing exercises. She did what I used to do in my classroom. She stood right next to us. Proximity is better than disciplining. I so knew her trick. It's the "I'm standing by you because you're misbehaving."
The task was to practice all these different breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. People were stressing.
Students in the class, "Is this correct? Am I doing this right?"
Randy to me: "For crying out loud, how hard is this?"
Randy was supposed to count out these pelvic tilts. I got on the floor, and I had to do 10 of them. Couldn't they call these exercises something else?
I started and apparently Coach Randy didn't think they were quality tilts.
He says, loudly I might add, "Nope, that one didn't count. Do it again!"
Is he for real? I started chuckling at this point.
R: "Penny, we're not halfway doing these. Start over."
Starting to really laugh.
R: "We'll do two sets if we need to. I'm not laughing. Nope, do it again. You didn't do that one correctly either."
Meanwhile, other husbands in the room are rubbing their wives' feet, cheering them on, and patting them on the back. I was on number 5 AGAIN!
And then the instructor came by us.
Way to get me in trouble Randy. Wait until this week buster. We're sitting in the front row for the video. She told us to don't forget our popcorn. I think we're her favorite couple!
And we started off so well. We were certainly the star pupils during the introductions. We were the only couple who didn't know the gender of our baby. We were nearly applauded when I said we're going to be surprised. So many people gave us the "congrats" and "Good for you!" looks! This was probably overshadowed by my uncontrollable laughter during the pelvic tilts. Just when we were going to be the teacher's pet.
hahaha- this cracked me up!
ReplyDeleteRandy being strict is so believable and yet so funny :)
ReplyDelete