Monday, October 10, 2011

The PE

I cringed when I wrote this blog title.

The PE is equivalent to hell.

It stands for the Professional Engineering exam.

And I hate it.

Randy is taking this exam on October 28th (approx. 3 more weeks of hell)! You can't take this exam until you have 5 years of work experience. Just long enough for you to forget everything you learned in college.

After passing this test (fingers crossed), Randy will earn his seal for drawings and plans. This will allow for people to sue him if he screws anything up.

This test has become his life. Everything and I mean everything has taken the back burner for this test. I could be bleeding to death downstairs, and if I called out for help, he would probably respond from his studying station upstairs with, "Penny, just apply a compress. I'm studying."

He is the most dedicated and hard headed person I know, which is a strength and weakness. I'm getting a little jealous of this test. He studies ALL weekend long. I bet he averages 20 hours a week studying.

Truth be told, I miss my husband. I'm pretty much ignored and all my "the nursery needs to be done" requests.

I haven't eaten dinner yet because on Monday nights he studies until 8pm. Meaning, he works from 8-5, then stays at work to study with a colleague for 3 more hours.

Take.a.freaking.break!

I'm not starving because I stopped at Target on the way home to return something. And I was lured to the food court. That fresh popcorn was calling my name. And you can't just have popcorn. So I got a would-have-been small icee. But, no the lady ringing me up replied with, "No you don't want a small, it's cheaper to get a combo and that comes with a medium icee."

I really wanted to say, "No, it's fine, charge me 20 more cents. It's better that I don't consume those extra 4-6 oz. of sugary syrup." I really only wanted a couple of sips.

But, I just smiled and politely said thank you. And then drank the whole darn thing.

But I didn't eat the whole bag of popcorn. For some reason, I think it would have been better to eat all of the popcorn than drink the Icee. And it was really sweet. Usually I can only drink about half because it's soooo sweet before I give it to Mr. Cavity, but I kept gulping. Looking back, it was a disappointing choice and now my stomach kinda hurts. Bad choice. I'm going to blame it on Randy's test.


I need to think of really fun things to do with Randy after his test. This is my new mission!

1 comment:

  1. When is Randy's PE exam? It's great that inspite of his crazy schedule he is making time for all the baby prep stuff :) He's gonna be a great dad.

    ReplyDelete