Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hubby Love

Last night Randy came home with a joke to make my day a little better. I know I could definitely use a joke after a Monday.


"What do you call a one-eye deer?"

The answer...


"I have no i-deer."

It's the little things. :)

Lately, I've been reflecting back over the pregnancy. I've been working on the baby book, can you tell? And I'm just really looking forward to seeing Randy become a dad.

I know, I know it's a much better read when I'm poking fun of his last antics, but seriously, maybe it's all the hormones, but I have to have a hubby brag post. If you don't like sappy, stop reading now.

I am so proud that he is going to be the father of our child.

He has been so involved throughout this whole process. He drove me to Houston to see my endocrinologist several times. He's attended ALL my appointments even when I tell him it's just going to be a blood draw. He has rescheduled meetings and appointments to attend things for the baby. He has sat through a breast feeding class (with a straight face) and 3 child birth classes so far. He helps me remember details and facts from appointments. He takes me to Sonic when I have an orange cream slush craving. He prays for the baby with me. (Although one prayer he actually had a request that certain male anatomical parts were present and developing. Seriously?!)

We were watching the UT football game on Saturday afternoon, and he made the comment that he can't wait until we have our little row of kids lined up sitting on the floor with their UT game day gear on cheering on the Longhorns.

Did you catch that too? He said "row." As in that means more than 2! Row means several. One at a time, one at a time Rands. Apparently all that pain that was alluded to during our labor childbirth class didn't affect HIM. He just gets to pat my shoulders and coach me on breathing. So, the "row" definitely sounds doable :/ and completely unscary at this point.

I love his excitement, and I'm so thankful to have him by my side through all of this.
I have never been so in love!

I'm beyond excited to see what God has in store for us.

3 comments:

  1. I smiled though this entire post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did I :) A row of lil Lueders all dressed in Burnt Orange. Won't that be a sight :)

    ReplyDelete